"Why in the world did you pick this name for your blog?" ...so glad you asked...

Friday, April 14, 2017

Model in the Making


Aren't these fabrics adorable?!  A few months ago (all of the last several posts are saying "a few months ago" aren't they?  sigh.  That won't keep happening once I catch you up to the present.  It's coming.  Hang in there.) I discovered Rocker Bye Destash custom fabric designs.  She does some really adorable artwork and definitely has her own style that looks different from all the other custom fabrics out there right now.
  A size 2-3 seems to be just about the perfect size to fit a whole panel design on a shirt front, without having to piece fabrics and without cutting off any of the panel design, so I'm using them while they are easy to use.


Here, as promised, is my little mister's first honest-to-goodness attempt at modeling the clothing I made for him.  His tennis ball is keeping him sane and he actually followed directions and stood how I asked him to and where I asked him to.  I was really surprised.

He had his new kicks on and he seemed to know he was lookin' good.


I used a pant pattern from an Ottobre Magazine and the shirt is the plainest version ever of the Halla Stardust Shirt pattern.  That pattern has a cool star-shaped inset on the front which I used several times for shirts for our Disney trip, but eliminated for this basic tee.



The only complaint I have is that I didn't have my nice camera with me, so the photo quality isn't as good as it could have been, but I was pleased none the less.



  
More coming soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment